Committee involvement is a chance to make a real impact in what happens at the TRAR. By volunteering to serve on one of the following Action Teams/Committees you will help direct the future of the TRAR and have a real voice in its activities and the services provided to its members. Take a moment to look over the list and let us know what teams you are interested in by emailing Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Committee chairs will meet in January and someone will contact you shortly after that.
Affiliate Recruitment Committee
- This team will reach out to area individuals and businesses who are not currently an Affiliate Member and encourage them to join TRAR. They will also develop ways to utilize and show our appreciation of our Affiliate Members.
- Recommends topics and learning methods to provide affordable continuing education to our Membership in the delivery method that works best for them.
- This 15 member team serves for three years and reviews all ethics complaints and requests for arbitration to determine whether they warrant a formal hearing.
The Legislative and Government Affairs Committee
- Stays abreast on all matters relating to real property taxation and legislation at the local levels.
- Provides encouragement and information that can enable members to become effective politically.
- Encourages members to run for elective office and to serve on appointed governmental bodies, interviews candidates for local public office and makes recommendations for support through RPAC to the Board of Directors.
RPAC Fundraising Committee
- Drives RPAC fundraising and communicates with the membership about important Legislative Issues.
Technology and Communication Committee
- Assesses current technology trends and brainstorms strategies for TRAR to assist members with these trends.
- Looks for new and innovative ways to promote TRAR, REALTORS® and Home Ownership to the Community.
Young Professionals Network Committee
- Members who are “young at heart” plan activities and networking opportunities for REALTORS® who are interested in networking and learning from their peers.