Steps to Become a REALTOR®
The Toledo Regional Association of REALTORS® (TRAR) is excited about your interest in becoming a REALTOR®. Below please find general license requirements to becoming a licensed real estate agent.
General License Requirements
- You must be honest, truthful and of good reputation
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be sponsored by an Ohio Real Estate Brokerage. CLICK HERE to view all Brokerages that are current members of TRAR.
- You must not have been convicted of a felony or crime of moral turpitude, adjudged by a court to have violated any civil rights laws regarding real estate within the past two years, or violated any rules of the Ohio Division of Real Estate. If you are found to have done so, you must submit satisfactory proof to the Superintendent of Real Estate that you will not violate such laws or rules again.
- If you were born after 1950, you must have a high school diploma or its equivalent as recognized by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Any person who has not been licensed as a real estate salesperson or broker within a four year period immediately preceding their current application for the salesperson’s exam must have completed the required 120 hours of classroom instruction an institution of higher education that awards a degree in a least a two year program. Certificates are good for 10 years.
- Pass the State of Ohio Real Estate Salespersons Exam.
To sign up for the 120 hour classroom instruction, please CLICK HERE.
We are proud partners with Hondros College of Business. If you would like to take the necessary courses to become a REALTOR, please CLICK HERE to enroll now with Hondros.